$115.00 – $400.00
Fiasp Penfill U-100 Insulin 100 Unit/Ml (3 Ml) Subcutaneous Cartridge Short-Acting Insulins
Insulin Aspart is a fast-acting human form of insulin that effectively works in lowering blood sugar levels for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Two expedients added to the formulation include: Vitamin B3 (niacinimaide) and L-arginine. This is to increase the speed of absorption faster and stability when compared to other mealtime insulin’s. It works almost immediately after application.
Typically this insulin is pared with longer-acting insulin types (basal insulin) that work throughout the day (between meals and while you sleep).
Cartons of 5 units are available. Each Fiasp cartridge contains 3mL of 100 units/mL solution for injection. Each Fiasp Cartridge is exclusively compatible with refillable PenFill
Each Fiasp Cartridge contains 3 mL of 100 units/mL solution for injection and cartons containing 5 units are available. Refillable PenFill cartridge devices such as NovoPen are exclusively compatible with Fiasp Cartridges.
How are Fiasp Catridges used?
Fiasp is an insulin that is taken subcutaneously (injected under the skin) into the upper arm, thigh or abdomen.
Before starting treatment, your doctor or nurse should provide instructions on proper application of this medication
Fiasp has a flexible dosing regimen which allows patients to take up to 2 minutes before a meal and up to 20 minutes after starting a meal without compromising safety or glycemic control.
The reduction and slowing progression of diabetes-related complications can be made by achieving optimal glycemic control according to Diabetes Canada.
Fiasp is absorbed twice as fast when compared to NovoRapid (conventional insulin aspart) in the blood stream after injection leading to improved glycemic control after meals.
Fiasp Cartridge Warnings
- Even if the needle is changed you should never share PenFill® cartridge or PenFill® cartridge device between patients. Sharing needles or syringes can lead to the transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
- Any changes in insulin regimen (insulin strength, type, area of injection or manufacturer) can affect glycemic control and potentially lead to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
- Sudden change to an injection site (to an unaffected area) or repeated injections into areas of lipodystrophy or localized cutaneous amyloidosis may result in hyperglycemia.
- Any changes to your insulin regimen should be supervised by your doctor and blood glucose levels should be closely monitored.
- Adjustments in concomitant anti-diabetic treatment may be needed.
- If patients are currently taking other medications, they should regularly check labels to avoid mix-ups between other medications and their Fiasp insulin.
Side Effects with Fiasp Insulin
- The most common side effect related to Fiasp is hypoglycemia which in some cases may be life threatening.
- Heart failure and fluid retention may occur with the concomitant use of thiazolidinediones (TZDs). Dosage reduction or discontinuation may be recommended if any severe symptoms or complications such as heart failure are experienced.
- As with other insulins, the use of Fiasp insulin can lead to other life-threatening hypokalemia which may cause ventricular arrhythmia, paralysis and even death. It’s important to monitor potassium levels in order to prevent hypokalemia and consult with your physician if treatment is necessary.
- Infusion set or pump malfunctions can lead to ketoacidosis or rapid onset of hyperglycemia.
- Other adverse reactions may include: allergic reactions, injection site reactions, weight gain, lipodystrophy, rash, pruritus and hypoglycemia.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Fiasp PenFill Storage
Not in use (unopened): If unopened, Fiasp® PenFill® should be stored in a refrigerator (36°F to 46°F [2°C to 8°C]) until expiration date. If unopened but improperly stored outside of refrigerated conditions, begin in-use storage for a maximum of 4 weeks.1
In use (opened): After first use, Fiasp® PenFill® can be stored at room temperature (below 86°F [30°C]) for a maximum of 4 weeks (28 days).1 Do not refrigerate Fiasp® PenFill® cartridges after first use.
100u/mL – 5 cartridges, 100u/mL – 10 cartridges, 100u/mL – 15 cartridges, 100u/mL – 20 cartridges, 100u/mL – 25 cartridges
There are no reviews yet.